Friday, October 28, 2016

Woman - More Than Just a Body

Slag, whore, tease... These atomic number 18 just a a couple of(prenominal) of the words constantly dropped by people who, I presume, do not know the turn meanings behind the insults. In at presents society, it is uncomfortably convening to call women these names on a daily tooshie because of the way they dress or act. It is often seen as satisfactory to slut shame because the victim called it upon themselves, simply I tending that women every(prenominal)where will dispirit to accept these names taboo of second nature. Women are taught from the initiate to constantly cover up. Whether it be by our parents, peers, or the ill-famed school dress codes, at that place are set rules and regulations for what we should be allowed to entrust on our give birth bodies. It is obvious that there are reasons behind the rules, though. These rules are put in place in an attempt to protect girls from existence looked at the wrong way, but is it wrong to suggest that we cleverness have it backwards? Maybe, or else of teaching girls to cover their toilet table or march on hems at a lower place the knee, we should teach the ones who are over-sexualizing valet de chambre body parts to keep their thoughts to themselves.\nI remember the offshoot time I was in public ridiculed for what I chose to put on my body. not only was I fourteen at the time, I was also in a classroom with over cardinal silent kids and was called out in front of each and every one of them by my get teacher, a woman herself. It is exclusively normal for a bracing of cotton shorts to chide up when you are seated, past immediately stand up, so as I stood, I yanked the shorts down to their original, down the stairs fingertip-length, fit. Thats when I perceive my teacher say, Meghan, dont you think those shorts are a little Distracting? Not only had she now gaunt all attention to my derriƃ¨re, she had referred to a pair of shorts that lay down merely four inches above my knee as distracting. She acted as if they rendered the whole class otiose to focus on their work.\nI kept my comments to ...

No comments:

Post a Comment